Tautavel Hommage aux vignerons 2016
AOP Côtes du Roussillon Villages Tautavel
- The village of Tautavel is ideally located in Roussillon between the Pyrenees and the Mediterranean. The region of Tautavel is rich in history, it is one of the cradles of Humanity.
- The vineyard extends over 20 ha of stony soils, on very calcareous terraces and hillsides facing south-east. The climate is regulated by the Tramontane which favours the ripening of the grapes.
- It is considered to be the quintessence of the Tautavel terroir.
- He received a 92-94/100 rating from the Wine Advocate...
- It received a score of 14.5/20 by the Guide Bettane + Desseauve.
- It is classified in the Top 100 UK Languedoc Roussillon
Deep garnet red
Complex and powerful, with hints of garrigue, spices and ripe fruit.
The black Grenache perfectly expresses the freshness of black fruits. Finishes with spicy, liquorice and toasted notes.
Custody and service advice
Best served at 14-16°C with roasted or grilled red meats, stews, blue-veined cheeses, Camembert cheese.
Coming from a selection of the best plots on the Tautavel terroir, the grapes are harvested by hand when they reach optimal maturity. They come exclusively from old Grenache Noir vines with low yields. A traditional vinification is carried out in cement vats and a long maceration of three weeks with a temperature not exceeding 27°C is carried out. The maceration must be carried out in a gentle way for a better conservation of the fruit and aromas. The wine is aged for 12 months in barrels.