Aigle Royal Pinot Noir 2016
IGP Haute Vallée de l'Aude
This product is not for sale on our shop
Estimated : April 24th 2021
Delivery in a relay point in France (Mondial Relay)
Estimated : 28 April 2021
Express home delivery in Europe (DHL)
Estimated: 24 April 2021
Click & Collect
Estimated: Within 2 hours if ordered before 5pm
- From the highest Pinot Noir parcel in the estate (503 m) facing due south facing the snow-covered mountains of the Pyrenees
- The quintessence of the cultivation of a noble grape variety: Pinot Noir on a unique terroir in Languedoc (a blend of mountain and Mediterranean climate)
- Tender, fruity and finely spicy. TheAigle Royal offer of fine and silky tannins and develops a very long length.
- Since the 2018 vintage, the estate is certified AB ( organic wine ) and DEMETER (biodynamic agriculture).
- Rated 90 by Robert Parker
- Rated 16.5/20 in the Bettane & Desseauve guide
- Master at the Global Pinot Noir Masters 2018 of Drinks Business
Ruby red, light purplish reflections
Very intense small berries (raspberry, redcurrant) with toasted notes
Tender, fruity and finely spicy. The tannins on the finish are fine and silky with a very long length and a persistent finish on the fruit.
Appellation: PGI Haute Vallée de l'Aude
Grape variety: Pinot Noir
Food and wine pairing and service advice
To be enjoyed ideally at 12-14°C with grilled red meats, roasted poultry, grilled or sauced fish and ripened cheeses
The grapes are hand-picked in small boxes and vatted, after destemming, by gravity. Vatting (fermentation and maceration) for 20 days in open vats with punching of the cap twice a day at the beginning of the vatting. After pressing and separation of the presses, the run-off juices are put into new French oak barrels for 10 to 12 months ageing. The wine is racked from the barrels and kept in vats for 1 month in order to obtain a natural clarification. It is bottled without filtration.