AOP La Clape
- 95 points in the Robert Parker Wine Advocate
- Rated 17/20 in the Bettane & Desseauve guide
- The 3 ha plot of Hospitalitas located in the heart of the vineyard at the base of a 30 metre cliff that protects it from the North wind, facing the sea
- The exceptional character of this cuvée comes from the fact that the plot is placed on the two terroirs that make up our vineyard (limestone and marl)
- Intense aromas of violet, ripe fruit and some toasted notes. A smooth and bewitching attack, full, with melted tannins and great power and length.
Intense purple colour with red reflections, an explosive nose revealing aromas of violet, ripe fruit and some toasted notes.
Feedback is a proud blend of cedar, graphite and pink berries, linked by pepper and cocoa fragrances. Morello cherry kirsch meets juniper, wood spices and cinnamon.
Hospitalitas is a wine of tension between harmony and power. Its breadth as well as its minerality sign a personality apart, powerful and carried by smoky tannins, but also salty and salty until the end of the finish. The finish is generous, sweet and tense.
Custody and service advice
To be enjoyed at 18°C with red meat or grilled poultry, dishes in sauce or ripened cheeses.
In the Middle Ages, the Hospitalitas plot was a place of welcome for pilgrims, protected from the wind and the summer sun by a cliff which is also a contact zone between two terroirs of white limestone and red marl soils. The building that served as a shelter is no longer there, but the vines now take advantage of the magical coomb and the plot illustrates even better the motto "sine vino, vana Hospitalitas".
The protection that the cliff offers to the vines makes Hospitalitas, bordered by a truffle field, a field of mulberry trees and an olive grove, a real showcase for Syrah in majesty. It is expressed here differently from everywhere else, with accents of pepper and small black fruits, an increase in freshness in a very Mediterranean expression. Between history and culture, Hospitalitas embodies everything that sublimates the art of living of southern wines.