La Forge 2014 - Large Formats
This declination is currently no longer available
Estimated: January 18, 2021
Delivery at a relay point in France (Mondial Relay)
Estimated: January 23, 2021
Express home delivery in Europe (DHL)
Estimated: January 19, 2021
Click & Collect
Estimated : In 2h if order before 5pm
- Exceptional formats for an exceptional wine
- Delivered in a single wooden box
- A tribute to Gérard Bertrand's father who loved this plot of old Carignan, some of whose vines are more than 100 years old
- The name Forge comes from the land register, on the plot there are all the elements necessary to forge: wood for fire and water to cool the metal.
- With great fullness, the palate reveals powerful and elegant aromas that evoke "jammy" red fruits. It is a wine grand vin with a high ageing potential (20 years).
Dark ripe cherry color
On the nose, fragrances of wild strawberries, liquorice and cloves bloom.
The attack reveals a total balance between fruit and spices. A touch of saltiness prolongs the acidity in the mouth and suggests an immense ageing potential. Total consistency and richness on the finish, where all the aromatic nuances of cherries (fruit, tart, jam, stone) stand out on a horizon of cocoa, toasted almonds and gingerbread.
Custody and service advice
To be decanted and served at 18°C with a rack of lamb, grilled meat or Mediterranean dishes
La Forge was Georges Bertrand's favourite plot, sheltering hundred-year-old Carignan and old Syrah vines. From his first harvest, by biting into the grapes, going through the rows with his father, Gérard Bertrand had felt the quality of skin and tannins that the age of the vines gives to the grapes that come from them. Alongside his father, he learned the quest for excellence in the attention to a thousand and one details. "If you want to make a straight furrow, hang your plough on a star" (Guy de la Rigaudie). This is Gérard Bertrand's quest to continue the work started by his father. "La Forge It is the true alchemy of the grape and the terroir and everything I know today. It is unlike any other and reveals the personality of Georges Bertrand. »