Domaine de Villemajou red 2018
PDO Corbières Boutenac
This product is not for sale on our shop
Estimated: January 18, 2021
Delivery at a relay point in France (Mondial Relay)
Estimated: January 23, 2021
Express home delivery in Europe (DHL)
Estimated: January 19, 2021
Click & Collect
Estimated : In 2h if order before 5pm
- Among the top 2 wines from around the world (Vintage 2016) according to Vivino
- Purchased in 1970 by Georges Bertrand
- A family house where father and son have shared a passion for wine for more than fifteen years.
- The spearhead of the Boutenac appellation, the first growth in the Corbières hierarchy recognised by the INAO.
- Vineyard composed of very old Carignan vines.
Complex bouquet with notes of stewed fruit, sweet spices, leather and roasting.
Ample and round, with coated tannins, good ageing potential.
Custody and service advice
Decant and serve at 17 °C with a rack of lamb or Mediterranean dishes.
The grapes are harvested manually with a double sorting system, in the vineyard and in the cellar.
The vinification is adapted to each grape variety. Carignan and Syrah are vinified as whole grapes according to the principle of carbonic maceration (10 to 18 days). Grenache and Mourvèdre are vinified in traditional maceration after destemming (15 to 20 days).
The wine is then put into barrels for a period of 12 months in our Gasparet winery.